About the Cameron Holland Scholarship
Established in 2019 to honor Cameron’s Memory
The Cameron Holland Scholarship recognizes a Ralston Valley Senior that has academic, athletic and character traits that compliment Cameron’s memory. Cameron was dedicated to academic achievement, was a two-sport athlete (football and track) and possessed a kind and generous personality.
Consideration is given to Ralston Valley High School seniors that:
- GPA: 3.0 or higher.
- Participate in at least 2 CHSAA Sanctioned Sports -3 years participation and earn a varsity letter in one sport.
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation that support the following character traits: kindness, respectfulness, and aware of the feelings of others.
- Recipients must pledge to wear a seatbelt anytime they are in a vehicle as either the driver or a passenger.
To apply for the scholarship:
- Scholarship Applications open each spring and are announced through the Ralston Valley High School Counseling Office. To apply, please reach out to your Counselor at RVHS for a link to the application. The application process includes the application, short answers, and letters of recommendation.
- Award Recipients will be announced at the annual RVHS athletic awards banquet in May. Funds will be disbursed directly from The Denver Foundation to the college selected.
In lieu of flowers, donations were made to the Cameron Holland Scholarship to start the scholarship.
Since the inception of the scholarship, additional fundraising has been done and we have partnered with the Denver Foundation to administer the scholarship.
REECE MERCER, CLASS OF 2022
- Reece ran track with Cameron.
- Reece played soccer and ran track.
- Reece is pursuing a degree at Western Colorado University.
DEVIN MCNEARNY, CLASS OF 2021
- Devin was a friend and teammate of Cameron’s.
- Devin played football and ran track.
- Devin is pursuing a degree at St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN.
KYLE ZIGICH, CLASS OF 2020
- Kyle and Cameron knew each other since middle school.
- Kyle played basketball and ran track.
- Chose Colorado State University to pursue a degree.